employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Diesel Truck Mechanic Position
Diesel Technician / Mechanic Job Description:
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on Diesel Engine Tractors
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on Semi Trailers
- Diagnose problems and form solutions for repair
- Complete repairs and parts replacement
- Accurately complete written and or computer generated work orders in a timely basis.
- Communicate with Drivers regarding "Vehicle Condition Reports" and make appropriate repairs.
- Maintain a clean and debris free work (shop) area.
- Communicate with vendors to place part orders and or price compare (shop)
- Other duties may apply but not specific to: positioning equipment on the yard, terminal maintenance,
shuttling equipment and or drivers, etc.
Diesel Technician / Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Oil Changes
- Air Brake Systems
- General Maintenance
- Daily Yard checks
Qualified Candidates for Diesel Technician / Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education / Experience
- 5+ years of mechanic experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CDL is preferred
- ASE Certifications are preferred
- Basic set of tools
- A valid driver's license
- Shop, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting 30 to 50 pounds daily
Job Conditions / Work Environment
- Sit, kneel, lift (up to but not limited to 50 pounds) and carry for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to climb on and around diesel truck equipment
- Adverse weather (hot summer, cold winter) situations
CALL MIKE WARREN at 919-304-8782 x 246 (Please leave a message if no answer.)