Prescient is an innovative, growing manufacturing organization. We are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our Maintenance team at the Mebane manufacturing plant where we fabricate and assemble light gauge steel construction units. This is a full-time, salary position that includes 100% paid health and dental insurance, 401k and more.
Please apply at the link below, and do not reply via e-mail.
With direction from the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor and the Maintenance team will maintain the facilities, office and production equipment in proper working order to allow the safe operation of manufacturing equipment, and provide for an acceptable working environment in the office.
1. Effective team player who possesses strong collaboration skills.
2. Excellent attention to detail.
3. Good communication skills.
4. Sense of real urgency as to objectives, timelines, and milestones.
5. Ability to shift focus easily and manage change effectively and calmly.
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic tools, production machines; be comfortable with following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Responsible for maintaining a PM schedule and compliance on all equipment.
• Professionally addresses issues within the group and takes personal responsibility and ownership for anticipating and resolving issues.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments. Also be able to troubleshoot to find root cause.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies Inventories
• Train Manufacturing operations to perform machine set up and adjustments.
• Troubleshoot Manufacturing equipment issues to eliminate downtime
• Maintain records of maintenance on all plant equipment using CMMS
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations.
• Adhere to plant safety polices and contribute to a safe workplace
• Respond to requests for machinery repairs.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Strong Electronics/PLC troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of HVAC, compression systems, power supplies, arc flash, fire department procedures, switchgear maintenance.
• Knowledge of Lean concepts such as TPM and PM processes.
• Ability to use all shop tools properly
• Work well in a team environment, can be self-directed
• Five plus years of experience working maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to work weekends night shifts and extended shifts, occasionally with short notice.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bi-lingual a plus
• Microsoft Office suite intermediate, strong Excel skills desired.
• Experience with powder coating systems and machine shop equipment a strong plus.
• Prior experience as a Maintenance Lead or supervisor a plus.
This position will oversee the maintenance team including Maintenance Technicians, for their location.
This position operates in a manufacturing plant environment.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
This position will require regular walking around the plant for the duration of their day.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers