PROCESS ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
QR Code Link to This Post
This position will be directly responsible to ensure that all machines are running and all processes are in control and running to standard at all times. Reports directly to the Plant Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, document and implement standard manufacturing processes and methodologies.
• Perform research, design and development of manufacturing processes and new technologies.
• Recommend and improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
• Analyze process development issues and take corrective action to improve Design for Manufacturability
• Work with design, manufacturing, production, engineers and tooling during the entire development cycle. With emphasis on new mold sampling prior to transfer to production.
• Participate in Tool Design Reviews and recommend improvements to optimize molding, setup, and overall manufacturing.
• Troubleshoot molding and manufacturing processes and material issues. Work with internal and external resources to resolve molding and manufacturing issues and implement long term solutions.
• Research, develop and implement manufacturing process controls, machinery modifications and improvements.
• Molding process development - Scientific Molding practices
• Part and Tool qualification
• Tool teardown inspection and reports
• Provide input on new or alternate materials for cost reduction or molding improvements.
• Participate in design reviews and approve mold designs
• Provide technical assistance and support to the production floor in resolving problems, using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis which include repair and modification of existing tooling and processes
• Monitors and ensures effective methods to track and report tooling status updates in a timely manner.
• Participate in root-cause analysis and troubleshooting efforts related to product and/or tooling issues; provides technical input and support as required.
• Responsible for continuous improvement (ideas and suggestions)
• Responsible to follow all OSHA and safety rules and regulations
• Responsible for following all CCP policies and procedures.
• Other duties as requested.
COMPENSATION: Based on experience.
BENEFITS (AFTER 3 MONTHS):
Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision) - Company pays 75% for employee, Company pays 65% for each dependent
Short-Term Disability Insurance - Company pays 100%
Life Insurance - Company pays 100%
7 Paid Holidays
Paid Vacation: 1 week after 3 months of employment, 2 weeks after 1 year, 3 weeks after 5 years.
401k after 1 year of employment.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume.
Central Carolina Products, Inc. is a family owned & operated ISO 9001 registered custom injection molder of thermoplastics with finishing and assembly capabilities. Located in Burlington, North Carolina, CCP offers complete engineering assistance and support, and provides a wide range of value-added secondary services.