This full-time general laborer role will be assisting survey operations in the field as a rod person under the direction of a Survey Crew Chief or a Survey Instrument Operator. Primary responsibilities include driving metal and wood stakes, holding survey rod, and ensuring that survey supplies and equipment are prepared for the survey tasks at hand. May perform maintenance of certain equipment and maintain adequate supplies and carry supplies from the truck to the survey site. Will be given direction and will assist with other various field duties in the process of data collection.
Successful candidates will have a high school diploma or equivalent. Qualified candidates must possess:
• Strong work ethic and dependability.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision when necessary.
• Ability to retain and follow verbal instructions.
• Consistent punctuality and superb attendance.
• Ability to work in a teaming environment.
• Stamina to work in a physically demanding position all day and in all types of weather.
This position is physically demanding so candidate must:
• The ability to work out of doors all year in all types of weather conditions the majority of the workday.
• Be able to work up to 10 hours per day for 6-8 months of the year.
• Be capable of using small hand tools to pound wooden stakes or metal pins into the ground. Be able to hammer up 2 hours to 8 hours per workday.
• Be able to withstand bending and squatting while hammering stakes, setting up equipment and/or clearing vegetation. Bending, twisting, and manual dexterity required.
• Be able to lift and set aside 30-50lb.
• Be capable of wearing hardhat if required, and clothing appropriate for the weather.
• Ability to walk and/or stand the majority of the day.
• Must be able to drive and have a clean driving record. (When hired)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.50 to $12.00 /hour
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers